Käte Hamburger Kolleg / Centre for Global Cooperation Research
Tel: +49 (0)203 379-5230
Fax: +49 (0)203 379-5276
Dr rer. pol. Winfried Veit joined Käte Hamburger Kolleg / Centre for Global Cooperation Research as a Senior Expert Fellow. He conducted his research in Research Unit 3 “Global Governance Revisited” from January 2017 - December 2017.
Prospective Migration Policy - Scenario Construction on the Relations between Europe and West Africa
The project will deal with the root causes of migration from West Africa to Europe, and the policies of the European Union and member states, by building scenarios on prospective migration policy through three workshops.
- European Foreign and Security Policy
- Future Research and Scenario Methodology
- EU-Africa Relations
- Prospective Migration Policy
- The Future of Mali
- Core Europe as Option for the Future
|since 2011||University of Freiburg / International Institute for the Education of Students, Germany
European Foreign and Security Policy
|1979-2011||Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES), Germany
Head of Department, Head of Country Offices (Senegal, South Africa, Israel, France, UN/Geneva)
Veit, Winfried (forthcoming): Core Europe. Overcoming the EU's existential crisis.
Veit, Winfried (2016): Europas Selbstbehauptung in einer bedrohlichen Welt, Berlin:epubli.
Veit, Winfried (2013): Außenpolitik als internationale Gesellschaftspolitik, Bonn: Dietz.
Veit, Winfried, and Maaß, Gero (2012): Kerneuropa - harte Schale(n), weicher Kern, Berlin: FES, Internationale Politikanalyse.
- Lecturer on German and French Foreign Policy, University of Freiburg
- Lecturer on European Foreign and Security Policy, IES EU Center Freiburg
- Consultant on Scenario Planning (projects amongst others in Bosnia, Indonesia, Russia, and Senegal)
- Scenario projects with FES (amongst others in South Africa, Israel, on Global Economic Governance)
- 5. Stuttgarter Forum für Entwicklung, 21 Oct. 2016
- Rhodes Forum, Dialogue of Civilizations, 29 Sept. – 1 Oct. 2016
- Migration and Development, Studienhaus Wiesneck, 20–22 April 2016
- African Good Governance Network, Workshop Environmental Governance, 24 July 2016
- Knowledge Construction through Scenario Building, KHK/GCR21, Duisburg, 5 April 2016
- Frankreich-Zentrum der Universität Freiburg
- Centre Culturel Francais Freiburg