Käte Hamburger Kolleg / Centre for Global Cooperation Research
Tel: +49 (0)203 379-5255
Fax: +49 (0)203 379-5276
- Globalization and Institutional Change
- Transnational Governance, Expertise and Authority
- Pathways and Recursivity of Transnational Governance
- International Standard Setting (Labour, Environment, Intellectual Property, Finance)
- Social and Organizational Practices of Coping with Regulatory Uncertainty
- Organized Creativity - Practices for Inducing and Coping with Uncertainty (DFG-FOR2161)
- Cross-border Careers in 'Global' Civil Society
|Since 10/2017||Käte Hamburger Kolleg/Centre for Global Cooperation Research
|Since 10/2013||University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
Institute for Sociology
Professor of Sociology
|2007-2013||Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, Cologne, Germany
Research Group Institution Building Across Borders
Head of Research Group
|1992-2007||Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB)
Internationalization and Organization
|1990-1992||Freie Universität Berlin
Institute for Sociology
|1987-1990||Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB)
Labor Market Policy
Djelic, Marie-Laure and Quack, Sigrid (2018): Globalization and Business Regulation, Annual Review of Sociology 44: 123-143.
Quack, Sigrid, Schulz-Schaeffer, Ingo, Shire, Karen, Weiß, Anja (Eds.) (2018): Transnationalisierung der Arbeit. Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH.
Malets, Olga and Quack, Sigrid (2017): Varieties of Recursivity in Transnational Governance, Global Policy 8 (3): 333–42.
Dobusch, Leonhard, Lang, Markus, and Quack, Sigrid (2017): Open to Feedback? Formal and Informal Recursivity in Creative Commons’ Transnational Standard-Setting, Global Policy 8 (3): 353–63.
Botzem, Sebastian, Quack, Sigrid, and Zori, Salomon (2017): International Accounting Standards in Africa: Selective Recursivity for the ‘Happy Few’?, Global Policy 8 (4): forthcoming.
Quack, Sigrid (2016): Organizing Counter-Expertise: Critical Professional Communities in Transnational Governance, in: Staffan Furusten und Andreas Werr (eds.): The Organization of the Expert Society, Routledge: 103–18.
Alfinito Vieira, Ana Carolina, and Quack, Sigrid (2016): Trajectories of Transnational Mobilization for Indigenous Rights in Brazil, RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, 46 (4): 380–94.
Quack, Sigrid (2016): Expertise and Authority in Transnational Governance, in: Cotterrell, Roger/Del Mar, Maksymillian (eds.): Authority in a Transnational Age, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 361–86.
Quack, Sigrid and Schüssler, Elke (2015): Dynamics of Regulation and the Transformation of Professional Services Firms: National and Transnational Developments, in: Laure Empson et al. (eds.): Oxford Handbook of Professional Service Firms, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 48–71.
Morgan, Glenn, Hirsch, Paul, and Quack, Sigrid (eds.) (2015): Elites on Trial. Research in the Sociology of Organizations, Emerald Publishers.
Dobusch, Leonhard and Quack, Sigrid (2013): Framing Standards, Mobilizing Users: Copyright versus Fair Use in Transnational Regulation, Review of International Political Economy 20 (1): 52–88.
Malets, Olga and Quack, Sigrid (2013): Projecting the Local into the Global: Trajectories of Participation in Transnational Standard-Setting, in: Gili Drori, Markus Höllerer, and Peter Walgenbach (eds.): Global Themes and Local Variations in Organization and Management. Perspectives on Glocalization, London: Routledge, 325–38.
Quack, Sigrid (2010): Law, Expertise and Legitimacy in Transnational Economic Governance: An Introduction, Socio-Economic Review 8 (1): 3–16.
Quack, Sigrid (2009): "Global" Markets in Theory and History: Towards a Comparative Analysis, Kölner Zeitschrift für Soziologie und Sozialpsychologie, Sonderheft 49: 126–42.
Djelic, Marie-Laure and Quack, Sigrid (eds.) (2010): Transnational Communities. Shaping Global Economic Governance, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Botzem, Sebastian and Quack, Sigrid (2009): (No) Limits to Anglo-American Accounting? Reconstructing the History of the International Accounting Standards Committee: A Review Article, Accounting, Organizations and Society 34 (8): 988–98.
Quack, Sigrid (2007): Legal Professionals and Transnational Law-Making: A Case of Distributed Agency, Organization 14 (5): 643–66.
Djelic, Marie-Laure and Quack, Sigrid (2007): Overcoming Path Dependencies – Path Generation in Open Systems, Theory and Society 36: 161–86.
Djelic, Marie-Laure and Quack, Sigrid (eds.) (2003): Globalization and Institutions. Redefining the Rules of the Economic Game, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Professor of Comparative and Transnational Sociology in the BA and MA Programme in Sociology at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Member of the Faculty of the International Max Planck Research School on the Social and Politica Constitution of the Economy, Germany
- Society for the Avancement of Socio-Economics (SASE)
- German Sociological Association (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Soziologie, DGS)
- Winner of the MPIFG Journal Article Award 2014 (with L. Dobusch)
- Outstanding Author Contribution Award Winner at the Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2012 (with M.-L. Djelic)