Senior Postdoctoral Researcher
This is a grade E 14 TV-L academic position (German Public Service Salary Scale), 100%, 5 years.
The Centre for Global Cooperation Research at the University of Duisburg-Essen is one of ten Käte Hamburger Kollegs sponsored by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Through its international fellowship programme, every year researchers from all over the world join the Centre to enhance our understanding of the possibilities and limits of global cooperation and to explore new options for global public policy. Established in 2012, the Centre is an interdisciplinary and international learning community with a particular interest in the cultural premises and dynamics of emerging global governance arrangements in a world society. The working language at the Centre is English.
- Leading the research areas „Global cooperation and polycentric governance“ (2018-2020) and „Critique, justification and legitimacy in global cooperation“ (2021–2024), jointly with another senior postdoctoral researcher;
- Conducting personal research on theories and methods as well as empirical studies of global cooperation in above-named research areas;
- Taking part in research management, organisation and design of work flows, editing of contributions to the publication series (particularly Global Cooperation Research Papers), presentation of the research results and events of the Centre.
- A very good doctoral dissertation in the humanities, law or social sciences;
- Very good knowledge in the abovenamed research areas, particularly in interdisciplinary global cooperation research;
- Relevant publications in the abovenamed research areas, preferably in peer-reviewed international journals;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written;
- Experience of leading a research or project group;
- Ability to convey knowledge and information, very good communication skills, independent and reliable way of working, resilience and ability to work in a team;
- International and interdisciplinary research experience is welcome.
Vacancy should be filled by: 1st October 2018 or a.s.a.p. thereafter
Duration: until 31st January 2024 (end of funding period)
Working load: 100%
Application deadline: 31st July 2018
Job interviews: scheduled for 29th August 2018
The University of Duisburg-Essen promotes the diversity of its members (https:www.uni-due.de/diversity). It strives to increase the percentage of women in its academic staff and therefore emphatically invites qualified women to apply. In the case of equal qualifications, female candidates will be considered with preference (Equal Opportunities Act). As per § 2 Sect. 3 SGB IX, applications by candidates with a disability or equivalent status are especially welcome.
Applications should comprise a cover letter, CV, list of publications, documentation of academic and professional development, copies of relevant documents and certificates, and an exposé (3-5 pages) of the applicant’s research profile with reference to its relevance for the Käte Hamburger Kolleg/Centre for Global Cooperation Research. Please send applications exclusively in electronic form (all documents combined into one file of max. 5 MB) with reference number 422-18 to Prof. Dr. Sigrid Quack, Universität Duisburg-Essen, Käte Hamburger Kolleg /Centre for Global Cooperation Research, Schifferstraße 44, 47059 Duisburg, Email email@example.com.
Inquiries for further information about the advertised position should be directed to: Mr. Matthias Schuler, Tel.: +49-(0)203 / 379-5251, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the Käte Hamburger Kolleg/ Centre for Global Cooperation Research is available here: